Last Sunday, a group of AURA members met to walk across Longhorn Dam and discuss the proposed upgrade options that the city is considering.
In order of preference, the general consensus of the day was:
- Option B was the favorite -- good combination of connectivity for through users and amenities/experience for recreational users
- Option C: also provides direct, safe, separate path for cyclists and pedestrians, but less amenities for them. Also, it's the cheapest
- Option A: Provides a separate path, which is good, but diverts some pedestrian/cyclist through traffic a long way.
- Option D: Problems: most expensive; relatively out of the way; may be hard to build for other reasons being on the other side; requires an extra tunnel which may be a safety concern
- Option E: doesn’t have as wide a walkway; is really expensive; not as safe; may need to be replaced when the dam is.
More information about all the options here: http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Longhorn_Dam_Compiled_Final_Boards.pdf
Take a look at the various options. What do you think?
Please take a look and make sure to take the survey by this Wednesday, July 10th: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7BWRTVP
Together we can build an Austin for Everyone.